Why Every Indian Citizen Must Use the Aarogya Setu App.
Haven’t you downloaded and used the Arogya Setu App yet? So let us explain why you must download and use Arogya Setu App and what are its benefits.
The coronavirus pandemic has spread all over the world and millions of people have fallen victim to it. So far, no cure has been found for the coronavirus and every country is helpless in front of its outbreak.
Talking about India, so far about 90927 people have been found positive from coronavirus and about 2872 people have lost their lives.
Many countries have made apps for Coronavirus prevention and to provide the necessary information and in the same way, India has made Arogya Setu App.
The Arogya Setu App has been created by the National Informatics Center which is an important part of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Government of India).
Arogya Setu is a Bluetooth based Covid-19 tracker app launched by the Government of India to provide precautionary measures about coronavirus and latest updates and information.
The aim of the Arogya Setu App is to enhance the initiative of the Government of India, especially the Department of Health, which informs users of the application about the risks, best practices, and relevant advice.
This app has mainly four sections :
- Your status (Your COVID-19 infection risk),
- Self-assessment (user can check and know the risk of being infected),
- All latest updates (information related to all positive cased and recovered people in India),
- E-Pass ( a pass or facility by which a user can travel from one place to another in an emergency or need).
Benefits of Arogya Setu App –
Arogya Setu is available on both Android and ios platforms. This app supports about 11 Indian languages - English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Oriya, Gujarati, and Marathi.
Arogya Setu App is a Bluetooth based app that tries to determine the risks of the users.
- It has fixed radius parameters, which are 500 m, 1 km, 2 km. 5 km and 10 km.
The risk factor is also based on the data available for that particular location.
- The app recommends several measures, by which a user can learn and understand Self Assessment Test, Social distancing, do’s and don’ts, amid COVID-19.
This app provides accurate information about the total infected and recovered people in India.
- The Aarogya Setu App informs the user about the precautionary measures, benefits, and how to maintain social distancing for our safety.
This app also provides you the facility of E pass, which you can use to travel in times of need. Indian Railways has made it compulsory for all passengers traveling through trains to install the government’s Arogya Setu App on their phones.
- Aarogya Setu app also supports a chatbot, which you can use to get all the information related to the coronavirus and ask the questions related to it.
- With this app, users can also find helpline numbers of all states.
- In case, a user is at high risk, Aarogya Setu will help and advise him/her to go for a test at a nearby testing center and call the toll-free number 1075 immediately.
How to find out from the Arogya App that you have the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- Open the app
- Now look for the self-assessment button on your screen.
- after entering in self- assessment, fill all the required details including age and gender.
- you will be enquired about whether you are facing any difficulty in breathing, having fever, cough, etc.
- Now you will be asked about some diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension, Lung Disease, or Heart Disease.
- Now the app will enquire about your travel history in the last 14 to 15 days.
- Further, you will be asked whether you have lived with a COVID-19 patient or if you are a health worker and examined a positive COVID-19 case without protective gear.
- Once you answer all the questions, the Aarogya Setu app will show your infection risk.
Finally, we request each and every citizen download and use the Aarogya Setu App, and to stay at home, go out only when needed, take care of the elders of the family. Maintain social distancing when going out, use hand sanitizers. It is the only way to fight the coronavirus.